Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the fab design kit you prefere ?

What's the most popular design kit?

• Others (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MOSIS

• TSMC

• UMC

• AMS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If somehow the openkit initiative is made to be a success, then no need for having such a poll!!! It is sad that most of the fabs, library and EDA vendors are more interested in developing their own kit than to look for openkit...
This is like microsoft vs OpenSource!!!

I think the OpenSource idea about IC-EE-SW getting more momentum. OpenKit is only one area which is getting quick more urgent because many companies are getting quick fabless in the future and have to base there development on a mixture of generic, process independend base with least effort adaptions to specific technologies. That requires a much different infrastructure than what is the big fish SW vendor or single big fab perspektive. It is the decision who drives whom and this will give the OpenSource a special momentum.

**broken link removed**

There are other areas where Open as well as Closed solutions are missing:

Simulation result database organisation
Project level data, signal, cell specification
Higher level design rule checking
Automatic testbench verification
Script based tool flow control

It is some kind of incooperation of good known procedures into automatic forms and flows which increase productivity and gives guidence to beginners.

in my opinion it also depends where you use it;industry or academy.
if you use it in a company,better try the most experienced ones such as AMS.
In academy you can try IHP for example; they are fresh, also very helpful to your problems because they need more customers to verify their models..

these are star for me .
i dont have any one to check .......TSMC recently get but not PDK packege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back