Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What would be better GSM or CDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 3G!!!

by?
post teh author and if posible and amazon link.

hi all are the posts were a year ago

im in pakistan
im doing my project on cdma-evdo so anyone can compare these technologies currently i.e 2009 on their latest advancement and research
thanx
sultan

Hi i'm from India.
Can anybody plz tell me if who are the companies in India who got spectrum for 3G in India.
Also what are the advantages for users?
What users have to do to get switched over to 3G???

Regards,
Rahul

3G!!!

3G is better than GSM, because allow us to send video-signal during connection. It also give us chance to use higher-speed when we can download anything. In my opinion better is to have 3G connection

of course CDMA2000_1x....(CDMA) the best one in 3G technologies, however, majority of population all over the world are using GSM(TDMA) technology because of affordable costing. So, in my opinion in the nearest future OFDM(OFDMA) transmission modulation scheme will be the best one around 2012. So, day by day we can see high level of development in wireless area.

New access schemes like Orthogonal FDMA (OFDMA), Single Carrier FDMA (SC-FDMA), Interleaved FDMA and Multi-carrier code division multiple access (MC-CDMA) are gaining more importance for the next generation systems.

For the next generation UMTS, OFDMA is being considered for the downlink. By contrast, IFDMA is being considered for the uplink since OFDMA contributes more to the PAPR related issues and results in nonlinear operation of amplifiers. IFDMA provides less power fluctuation and thus avoids amplifier issues. Similarly, MC-CDMA is in the proposal for the IEEE 802.20 standard. These access schemes offer the same efficiencies as older technologies like CDMA. Apart from this, scalability and higher data rates can be achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.