Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the safe way to tap a source connection for a stereo in a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roexile

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I want to add stereo to a car, what is the safe way to tap a source line for the stereo? Where should I tap a source line? Is it safe to tap directly to the fusses? or do I have to add Capacitors or other components to the lines?

Thank you

Normally you'll tap at the fuse box.

Ah, but which fuse? Depends. Do you want to run the stereo with ignition off? Find a fuse that gets power at all times.

Or do you want to prevent any chance of running down the battery? Then use a fuse hooked up through the ignition.

Preferably avoid tapping at a fuse that has a heavy load on it. The chart may be of assistance here. It's a good bet to go for the fuse normally used for a sound system.

If your stereo unit is properly designed it won't need for you to add capacitors (filters). However if it gives you noise, there are devices to reduce electrical interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back