Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What should be the first circuits to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexx

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
first circuits

For someone having the basics but not yet tried circuit building..........what hould be the circuits to start with.

and how to move on after that??what should be the books to follow....and how to make sure that u r on right track in choosing the circuits(that u hav to build).

Re: first circuits

you have to be more specific. what type of circuit are you talking about? and what equipment do you have? a school lab? or just some kits you bought?

a cheap way but not too natural way is to use circuit simulation. its cheap and you can test a variety of circuits off textbooks. but it's not as fun as powering and watching your components go up in smoke.

first circuits

first of all mention what type of cicuit are u trying for and what's ur idea in posting this
i cant understand what u really want

first circuits

The best way is to go to EPEmag.wimborne and download the Teach in guides and the soldering guide.This will help you a lot with basic circuit building.

First circuit to build is a power supply. Try one with LM317. Go to Google and fnd its data sheet. There you will find typical applications for adjustable voltage regulator. To build complete power supply you will need a step-down transformer, 4-diodes or a bridge and a smoothing capacitor (something about 2200µF/50V) ..

First book that helped me is The Art of Electronics by Howitzer. It is somewhere in the E-book section in djvu format. It is very good for begginers in PCBs. I agree with IanP for the power supply. Try starting from a small voltage regulator, then go to step-up ie. regulate a sinusiodal input of 12V, use the regulator to step down to 5V dc, then make the dc alternating and feed a transformer to go up to 12V AC again. Use bypass capacitors where ever you think there should be and then check the theory. Half rectify the output, understand how it works etc. At the same time do a google search or post request on where to find a Full bridge, decide for power in the output and so on. Start from simple to go to more complicate circuitry. I think you are in the right place- don't hesitate to ask for any trouble in the forum! :)

D.

mexx said:
For someone having the basics but not yet tried circuit building..........what hould be the circuits to start with.

and how to move on after that??what should be the books to follow....and how to make sure that u r on right track in choosing the circuits(that u hav to build).

the best way is to know at first the basic circuits like voltage divider, clipper, clamper, rectifier and other diode, zener diode circuits.. then to go for simple and book given transistor small signal analysis ckts and DC analysis.

and if u are familiar with that and wanted to gian confidence, in approachin a ckt given, then go for the magazines like Elektor, EPE and Circuit Cellar.. they all are veyr good.. hundreds of ckts are given.. i would recommened Elektor! all the best! :) infact i was thinking abt what u have asked few weeks ago.. and am feeling very comfortanle with the procedure i have adopted,.

/cedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back