Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What processor is the best for connecting to stepper motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malek340

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What processor is the best for connecting to 4.2V and 2.8A stepper motor? I intend to use c programming btw. I have tried researching but does not seem to find the right one..

You might use any uC you are comfortable with and use a separate chip to control the stepper motor. These chips often only need 2 signals. One for direction and one for taking the next step. You get a lot of benefits too. Google "stepper motor driver IC". Or you might buy a driver with separate board too to save design time costs. If you are very new to this, I recommend Arduino and a stepper motor shield. That way you can not fail.

You can use any simple controller like 8051 or pic along with stepper motor driver ic like L293D

What processor is the best for connecting to 4.2V and 2.8A stepper motor? I intend to use c programming btw. I have tried researching but does not seem to find the right one..

What you exactly intend to do with stepper? (forward, back, step drive, full drive, position remembering,...) What is power of that stepper ? (current maybe we need some mosfets)

Guys i intend to control the revolution of the stepper motor with a controller...

well as i said , use 89s52 (8051 core) with a current driver ic thats it

2.8A is awfully lot. I don't think there's a microcontroller that gives that much current. You could use microcontroller + transistors to drive a stepper motor, if you don't want to use a driver. But why don't you want to use a driver? You can control the revolutions with the microcontroller. The driver just does the "high current work". Actually you can control the stepper more accurately with the microcontroller if you have the driver in between the microcontroller and the stepper motor (you get to use microstepping).

I suggest you buy something like the board Bluehole is suggesting (probotic). And control the driver with a microcontroller and the driver controls the motor just like you tell it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back