Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is ubiquitous computing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk2mkk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one please tell me what is ubiquitous computing ?

i have a googled a lot i got different answers ...and got confused
can any one explain in simple words...?

thank you
kk

Hi: I search a goggle as follows: define:"Ubiquitous computing" and result me as below:

1) Ubiquitous computing: computers everywhere. Making many computers available throughout the physical envirnment, while making them effectively invisible to the user.

2) Ubiquitous computing
invisible, everywhere computing that does not sit on the desktop but lies deep inside the environment we live in

3) Ubiquitous Computing - computing that is omnipresent and is, or appears to be, everywhere all the time; may involve many different computing devices that are embedded in various devices or appliances and operate in the background.

4) Ubiquitous computing (or "ubicomp") is a post-desktop model of human-computer interaction in which information processing has been thoroughly integrated into everyday objects and activities. As opposed to the desktop paradigm, in which a single user consciously engages a single device for a specialized purpose, someone "using" ubiquitous computing engages many computational devices and systems simultaneously, in the course of ordinary activities, and may not necessarily even be aware that they are doing so.

There are a variety of terms in use to describe this paradigm, many of which are associated with a particular institution or perspective. Some of these are general ("pervasive computing," "ambient intelligence," and more recently, "everyware," [1][2]), while others primarily concern the objects involved ("physical computing," the "Internet of things,", "haptic computing,"[3] and "things that think".

the last one is from wikipedia. Did you copied that?

regards

Breno

Ubiquitous computing is also called pervasive computing or ambient intelligence. We assume that in the future, the environment will be full of computing elements. For example, all systems such as watches, PDA, washing machines and so on will have a computing power. So, in short terms: it could be defined as "computing everything for everyone, everywhere and at all times".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back