Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this? Starter Kit? Please Somebody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capelu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Theere is 3 cpu. 1:ispLSI 1032-60LJ
2:MC68HC11A1CFN3
3:SCC68692C1A44

If somebody know what is this and how i can "Use" (program the cpu-s) If you need more details about this Board please sent me e-mail at LPC.Lord@gmail.com or post a question or answer on this forum. (this is printed to pcb "GN 38047 JM")

Thank you !

Hi,

It certainly does not look like a typical hobbyist starter board, and as the main cpu seems to be a Motorola chip you will find very little support in such forums as this.

If you want further help then please post full details of the board, eg, where it comes from / supplier , so that we can try to help you.

1: ispLSI 1032-60LJ - A high-density PLD by Lattice
2:MC68HC11A1CFN3 - a 3MHz, 8-bit microcontroller from Freescale (formerly Motorola) - Not particularly powerful
3:SCC68692C1A44 - This is a NXP Semi Dual-UART

This doesn't look like a development board or starter kit. I'd guess it's some sort of industrial controller. From, the components you listed it appears to be fairly old - I'm not evern sure the 68HC11 is still in production. There may be some marking on it that indicates the manufacturer and part number, but just as likely you won't find any useful markings.

Its not a starter kit to me..look like a control board controlling something..im not sure..

I dont know from were is come. A friend of mine give me this board without any idea from her.
Maybe a foto with a high resolution help.I will make one and i will replace the first .The only marker is ""GN 38047 JM".
???

Hi,

Seems like everyone agrees its not a starter board, more like a custom controller using near obselete parts.

Really cannot see any point in trying to program that and what programmer would you use anyway?

You would much better spend your time, effort and money buying or building your own PIC or AVR micro starter system which are readily available and supported across the world.

Thanks wp100.
Thanks to all.
I want to dismount some ic-s from this board ,and i tried to by sure about the fact- I cannot use this like AS IS IT.

I have already started some project with Pic 16f628a and Atmega32.
I`m a beginner in microcontrollers and maybe i will find some help for making codes for my first project.

PS. Sorry for my english! :cry:

Hi Capelu,
You can see under the label "GN 38048 JZ", TOP-sid:
"N S C", maybe these name of firm helps some more?
K.

Yes Karesz . I see that "'NSC"" but without any valabile result on Google.

So this "'NSC'' not help .

I speek with guy who give me this board and confirm .The board is some kind of Industrial Stuff. Textiles Machines.

Yea, these is practically a no happening job:-(
I can identify an step down switcher, up to 40V in to 5V,1A & the 2x ssm2141 are very good diff line receiver for up to 40KHz, that its not much...
On the left; 8x Ins & 8x Outs, than U1-4, 4x Opto-coppler to Master & Slave Conn`s: can be an RSxxx Interface I/O, nearby U5, a 100mA switched capacitor voltage doubler or (polarity)inverter_maybe to RS interfaces...
Than has lot of conn`s _ for "hackey-pack" boards too!
As summe: I belief that these board is to complex to make experiments on/with it at home:-(
K.
PS:
I checked yet the "Black quad" between U6 &U7 it has no ref designator; what is it pls?

You have right karesz. But i read datasheet for all pieses from that board. I know what they are ,what they do. And yes , i believe is to complicated ,and use that conection, switches from board is just lost of time.

Thanks again evereyone, and in my opinion this question is closed.

I start to dismember that board. :twisted:

I forgot. That Black thing is one push button. Reset maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.