Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the relationship between phase margin and pole points

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevid

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i know it can be observed from the amplitude and phase Bode plots of the open-loop gain or loop gain.

but can you tell me the exact equation(s) between phase margin and pole points?

plz help me, thanks in advance.

jeffrey

Usually instead of equations you use something called "Bode Plot", which is a much more intuitive and direct way of illustrating the relationship between phase margin and pole points, for details you can refer to the following article.

Bode plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can find the required equation in the book "Structured Analog CMOS Design" (Kayal,Stefanovic).Google it and download it from some file hosting service (rapidshare etc...).Unfortunately i don't remember the exact page that contains the equation since i don't have it now in front of me.

Regards,
Jimito13

Reactions: sevid

sevid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think poles usually make phase margin worse. Specially too many poles within bandwidth is bad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back