Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the pulse width required for sm-105 servo motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaiKannan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have this servo motor but i do not know the exact pulse width which i must provide for proper working of this servo motor.
i need it to move to particular angles based on my requirement.
so can anyone help me

In myview you should check how many rps per second are recommanded for the temperature that you are operating the motor based on that you can compute....

I refered this link-
https://www.parkermotion.com/manuals/misc/Motor_TechFile.PDF

It tells me 950 rps/ sec so you can have 1 ms time delay pulse widht.....

Good luck

I think the SM-105 may be a typical hobby servo.

It will center with a 1.5 mS pulse, and ±0.5 mS from center will move it to its extreme limits of approximately ±60°. Some have a greater or lesser range of motion. A shorter pulse will usually move the servo anti-clockwise (counter-clockwise). The datasheet I found for it was pretty meager on details (**broken link removed** ). Ideally, the pulse should be repeated about every 20 mS (50 Hz), but most servos will tolerate a repeat rate up to about twice that (i.e., 100 Hz).

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back