Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the minimum sampling time of the PIC microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omer45

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the minimum smpling time of the Pic microcontroller

Re: ADC in PIC

You could find it in the PIC datasheet.

What are you actually asking? The acquisition time or the time for the whole process (acquisition + conversion)?

Cheers,

It is usually around 4-6µs for PIC16 series. I think that dsPIC and some 18F series have faster ADC, but you should look at datasheet anyway.

ADC in PIC

can i convert signal with frequency 50khz ????????

For a PIC 16FXXX working at 20MHz clock, i calculate a maximum of around 31 k samples /s for 10 bit conversion and not considering the processing time.

A/D conversion needs sampling period (10 us which may be greater depending on the temperature and output resistance of the signal source) + conversion period (12 x Tad = 20 us) + 2 x Tad.

At 20MHz, Tad can be 1.6 us (Fosc / 32), so no way to get less than 16 us only for conversion.

What do you want to sample? only one pulse or the RMS value of a train of pulses? I will smooth the signal with a cap and then sample the RMS to sample the amplitude of one pulse is not possible because you don't know what the state of the pulse is when the sampling start and there is no way to determine this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back