Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the doubly_linked list ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeos

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
doubly_linked list

hi,
can someone explain to me what doubly_linked list is,, does anyone have source code which uses linked list???hope you can help me

Re: doubly_linked list

hi,

a linked list simply contains a pointer for the next item in the list and the next item alone. but in a double linked list every item, there is a pointer which could be made to point the next item and another pointer to point to the previous item.

By pointing, i mean that it would contain the address of the next or previous item....

Reg the refereces or source codes.. there are plenty of books available online for download.. also u could make a google search for getting the codes.. it would not have that much difficulty.. good luck...

/Am

zeos said:
hi,
can someone explain to me what doubly_linked list is,, does anyone have source code which uses linked list???hope you can help me

you can search around on google... depending on what language you're familiar with.

A doubly linked list is a list of items with each item pointing to the next item in the list and the last item pointing to the first item.
This can be implemented in C++ by using structures for the nodes of the list and a class as the list manager.Eg

typedef struct Node* nodePtr;

struct Node{

int item;
nodePtr next;
}//This will form the node of the list

To make it doubly linked depends on the ilplementation of the insertion function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back