Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the current 'Ic' in the embedded circuit diagram? Thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

veeresh540

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to calculate current (Ic) in the attached embedded circuit diagram. I'm new to circuit theory. Can anyone please calculate and let me know. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• circuitdiagram.png
    circuitdiagram.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 95

KB844A is an opto-isolator. The Ic current is the output coming from the npn transistor which need to be controlled in the circuit design. It has to be within 5mA to 20mA (looking into the datasheet).

Thanks for quick reply..
I need the current value(Ic).Can you please do the needful.

You probably didn't understand the answer by ravindragudi. The current is defined by the connected load resistance. It's not shown in the schematic, you can't calculate Ic.

The possible range is however restricted by the opto coupler current transfer ratio and the LED current If. Usually the connected circuit is designed so, that the minimal expectable Ic value is sufficient to drive it, e.g. make Rload > 5V/(If *ctr)

The collector is connected to 5v through 10k current limiting resistor. Sorry for the late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back