Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is technology library

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarovari

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am presently working on synopsys tool. what is a technology file actually mean and what is the information we get from that?

I am sure you are talking about the .tf files (which are Named as Technology Files). If it's correct - these are basically represent the Technology rules written for the ICC tool. With the help of this - Tool understand different Foundry specific rules , which are part of DRM (Design rule manual). Also it help Tool for routing and other flow of the Design.

Let me know if this much is sufficient - If you need more info - let me know.

thank you for the information given. but i know about .tf files. what i am exactly asking is about technology libraries.. i have read somewhere that these are used for mapping cells using target libraries....
can you please tell me in detail about that technology libraries??

Okay --- Again Are you talking about the .lef file ? Tech lef files the story is same.

I would say that it will be good if you give more detail about when you are saying "Technology Libraries". It's sometime very confusing -
Please give us any file name so that we can understadn more clearly - what exactly you need to ask.

okay..

my doubt has come from this statement..

"The target_library specifies the name of the technology library that corresponds to the library whose cells the designers want DC to infer and finally map to."

actually these link and target libraries are a bit confusing...

i have one more doubt..
considering synopsys tool, what makes the difference between link library and target library when they are sourced in both dc and icc?? and why to source them in both the design compiler and ic compiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back