Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is raduis ratio in CST ( Rotate Face command ) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

An_RF_Newbie

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

This is my setting for getting familiar with the radius ratio in CST in Rotate face command.

As you can see the end radius is not the double value of the start radius as I set this value to 2.
( the start radius from the rotate axis is about 1 column but the end radius is (2.5 or 3.) ).

123.png

Yes, the calculation appears to be disproportionate. At the halfway point we'd expect the lower half of the object to have radius 1.5. Instead it's greater, about 1.75 (marked in red).

But then CST is intended more for doing rf simulations rather than hyper-accurate mechanical drawing.

rotate face closeup.png

Thank you BradtheRad for your explanation. I've thought about the CST fault calculation, but as I see the shape carefully it follows a function for this behavior because the edge of the last section is not tangential to the axis.

58.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back