Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is overclocking in controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

embpic

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello master's
What does it mean of Overclocking in processor?
i was read about respberry pi they given in feature that it can be overclock upto some range.
actually what does it mean?
and can i do it in lpc2148? and how?

Refer this for your understanding about overclocking -

**broken link removed**

Now as I know..... in case of LPC2148 this feature is not there directly ..... but there will be some tolerance range for LPC2148 crystal range will be defintly be there ....

Good Luck

Reactions: embpic

embpic

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Reactions: embpic

embpic

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello,

A example of overclocking
**broken link removed**

Nota: this is an hobbyst application,
never overclock a system for industrial or commercial purpose..
you will engage your own responsability.

..... in case of LPC2148 this feature is not there directly ..... but there will be some tolerance range for LPC2148 crystal range will be defintly be there ....

It is incorrect to call overclocking as a feature. And to state that there will definitely be a tolerance range , is irresponsible at best.
Hopefully the OP will never create any commercial product using this concept.

Meaning what ? That someone else on some random message board has also used the word 'feature' in the same sentence as the word 'processor' ?

Please Note : that he does NOT say it is a feature of the uC or uP (which you do) , but rather that it is a feature of the motherboard. Which makes sense. It's an entirely different concept.

Let's not belabour the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.