Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is meant by ICP,ISP,SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1.What is meant by ICP,ISP,SPI?
2.how it all (ICP,ISP,SPI)Differs?
3. explain the function of ICP,ISP,SPI
4.is this same or differs manafacture to manafacture(atmel,pic,fuji,freescale)
5.pls give the brief note on this or weblink which explain this

hi,

ISP means In System Programming....

With out the programmer kit. we can able to burn the code in to chip directly. even with out removing the ic from the controller board itself we can able to burn the code.

with the help of pin use MOSI, MISO , reset and supply pin we can able to burn.... these pins are sufficient to burn the program.

isp- in system programming. using SPI serial protocol for data transfers example used by atmel for micro ocntroller programming 89s52/avr etc.

spi - serial pheripheral interface is a synchronous serial protocol for data transfer.

i thing the first one is icsp- in circuit serial programmer. it is serial protocol used by micro chip for programming pic micro controllers

refer wikipedia

regards
kj

thanks ashok....understand that directly from PC to ic we can burn the codes .....if am wrong pls correct me.....

can u pls tell me what is ICP,SPI

SPI-(serial pheripheral interface) is an interface by which two or more microcontroller transfer data with each other or one microcontroller and other devices having spi interface can transfer data.

I think you are trying to say ICSP instead of ICP.
ICSP-(In circuit serial programming).by this you can program your IC.

ICP stands for Inductively Coupled Plasma.
It's used in the laboratory for measuring for example the concentration of Metals into ppm (mg/L).
It can also measure many metals at the same time.
If you want to know the concentration for example of Co, Cu and Pb you can measure them at the same time.

search on wikipedia to find something about the ICP.

But if you're into electronical business i think you mean ICSP.

Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.