Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is IP3 amd power @ 1dB compressiom in LNAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahidkh6222

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is ip3

hi all,
i'm trying to find a suitable LNA and I noticed these two paremeters are important factors in datasheets. please tell me what htey are or show me a reference.
-IP3 (interception point)
-Power @ 1dB compression

power ip3

P1dB is one dB compression point with a single carrier. Similarly P3 dB is three dB compression point with a single carrier. and Pn dB is the n dB compression point with a single carrier.
Where as
IP3 is defined as third order intercept point where two carriers will be fed same time and due to non linearity the other products will be present at the output which lie in the same band of interest (if the carriers are closely spaced).
IPn is nth order intercept point.

You can get more details from https://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/p1db.htm

p1db compression

kspalla's response is correct.

P1dB and IP3 is parameters that defines the dynamic range of your receiver (noise figure would also be in the list).

P1dB can be thought of as the max received level of 1 discrete signal before the amplifier produces large distortions. IP3 is the level of distortions caused by the mixing of two discrete signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back