Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a one quadrant multiplier ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pol_sky

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,
I want to design a PFC chips, I need a one quadrant multiplier, But I don't have experences about the multiplier, who can give me help? thanks!

Re: need help Multiplier

A simple single quadrant multiplier could be a CMOS switch.

A simple single quadrant multiplier could be a CMOS switch.
How? In a classical PFC design, the controller output (current demand) is multiplied with the rectified input voltage used as a sine waveform reference to generate a variable sine waveform current setpoint. I don't see, how a CMOS switch should perform this task.

Please see Analog Devices; they have analog multiplier ICs and there may be a White Paper on how to use them.

Thanks to replying,
I see some book about the one quadrant multiplier,but I can't clear, who have referring to paper,and send to me, Thank you very much!!!! My mail :0917zxg@163.com

I think, multiplier building blocks are among the basic analog IC "ingredients" that are discussed in profound text books. I wouldn't expect specialized books about each of it. In case of a PFC, the multiplier requirements won't be particularly critical. It's more a question of minimizing the effort. So a differential pair operated as basic "gm" (transconductance) multiplier should do the job.

I have used only simple multipliers as synchronous detectors. I have here an old
"IC-OPAMP Cook Book " by W.G. JUng, SAMS 1994: there are two four-quadrant multipliers described, one with Motorola 1495, another with AD534.

I think those are now obsolete; please look at "www.analog.com", they have updated components and also White Papers on how to best use them.

Ok, thanks FvM and jiripolivka for great propose.

Status
Not open for further replies.