Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happens to a body when it is projected intp space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suvith v s

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i have a simple doubt.
what happens to a body when it is projected in space? will its motion be linear or circular? if circular why is it so?

Re: universe

It all depends. According to the Newton's first law, the object in the space will move in a straight line with constant velocity. However, if it moves closer to a massive planet, it will be attracted towards that object. At that time, the motion of the object may not necessarily be a straight line, it can be a curve, elliptical, or circular. Let me site you an example. Albert Einstein in the early of 20th century, laimed that the light could move in a curve provided that the photons are inescapable being attracted by a massive body,leading to the conclusion that objects move in a straight line in the space provided that there is no external force acting on the object. If there are external forces acting on the moving object in the space, the result will be different.

universe

I want to give you a supplement : If the object explodes in space , there are two case . One , if the object is silent before explode , then they will move in a straight line by reverse direction ; if the object is moving in a velocity and internal force act it in another direction , it will move in a curve .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back