Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what happens if emitter-base & base-collector junctions are forward biased with 0.7V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEV123

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what happens if emitter-base & base-collector junctions are forward biased with 0.7V?

I have a doubt regarding BJT. what happens if both emitter-base & base-collector junctions are forward biased with 0.7V ? will BJT be in saturation region? What will be the voltage across the collector and emitter and \[I_C\] ?

-Devanand T

Re: what happens if emitter-base & base-collector junctions are forward biased with 0

no if both the junctions are forward biased the BJt acts as a ON swith. if input junction is forward biased and output junction is reverse biased then the BJT will be in saturation region.
when it is a on switch very less amount of voltage will be dropped across it. ideally it should be zero.

Re: what happens if emitter-base & base-collector junctions are forward biased with 0

if input junction is forward biased and output junction is reverse biased then the BJT will be in saturation region.

No it will be in active region.

I have a doubt regarding BJT. what happens if both emitter-base & base-collector junctions are forward biased with 0.7V ? will BJT be in saturation region? What will be the voltage across the collector and emitter and ?
What is the condition when you see VBE = VBC = 0.7V. I guess you may have fixed collector and emitter voltage. This acts in saturation and YOu already have fixed VCE then. So you have constant VCE, Constant IC, and constant gm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back