Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what does the sign "@" mean in c shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinoliu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am a newbie in c shell

thank in advance!

The syntax for setting a numerical variable is "@ name=value"
example: @ i=5

House_Cat said:
The syntax for setting a numerical variable is "@ name=value"
example: @ i=5

thank you for reply

what differ from " set name = value " ?

and then
what in dc shell? the same as c shell?

set
set name
set name=word
set name[index]=word
set name=(wordlist)

The first form of the command shows the value of all shell variables. Variables that have other than a single word as their value print as a parenthesized word list. The second form sets name to the null string. The third form sets name to the single word. The fourth form sets the indexth component of name to word; this component must already exist. The final form sets name to the list of words in wordlist. The value is always command and file name expanded.

@
@ name=expr
@ name[index]=expr

The first form prints the values of all the shell variables. The second form sets the specified name to the value of expr. If the expression contains <, >, &, or |, then at least this part of the expression must be placed within ( ). The third form assigns the value of expr to the indexth argument of name. Both name and its indexth component must already exist.

The operators *=, +=, and so forth are available as in C. The space separating the name from the assignment operator is optional. Spaces are, however, mandatory in separating components of expr that would otherwise be single words.

Special postfix ++ and -- operators increment and decrement name respectively. For example "@ i++" increments the variable i.

Look at the following URL for more definitions:
https://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man1/csh.1.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.