Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what book should i use??

Status
Not open for further replies.

was29e

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
im new to DSP, and i have to take a summer course in it, so can anyone give me a good book for begginers, or a web site about DSP.
thank you

Look for these books (someone is uploaded here):

(~) Bellanger, "Digital Processing of Signals - Theory and Practice", Wiley & Sons 1986

(~) Rabiner, "Digital signal processing", IEEE Press selected reprint series 1972

(~) Gold, Rader, Oppenheim, Stockham, "Digital processing of signals", McGraw Hill 1969

(~) Oppenheim, Shafer, "Digital Signal Processing", Prentice Hall 1975

(~) Oppenheim, Schafer, Buck, "Discrete-time signal processing", Prentice Hall 1999

(#) Porat, "A Course in Digital Signal Processing", Wiley & Sons 1997

(#) Lynn, Fuerst, "Introductory digital signal processing with computer applications", Wiley & Sons 1994

Where: (~) are books about only Theory, (#) Theory and Computer Simulations

However I suggest to You to begin with Signals and Systems Theory, in particular the Sampling Theory and the Discrete Time Signal Theory. Two great books about this are Haykin's "Signals and Systems" and Oppenheim "Signals and Systems" (Uploaded here).

Marhaba
I suggest that you use Proakis book...starting from chapter 1 ... read every page carefully and try to understand...you can find the book and its solution manual here...if you have any questions you can always post them here or PM me :p

Hello, i think you should try to read "digital signal processing with examples in matlab" by Samuel D. Stearns. Other good books for beginners are "understanding digital processing" by Lyons and "Scientists and engineers`s guide to signal processing" available at www.dspguide.

if u r new to DSP then

books by

Openheim schafer ,{ good and standard book }
openheim wilsky{ good for basics in transforms etc}
proakis and manolakis{ read this book frm first to last then u will get good knowledge}
SK mitra{ good for filter design }

if u r frm INDIA then u can also read some local author books like nagoorkani etc....... becuse these books are very simple but dont conclude with the local author books because.... these books at times are misleading in some cases ....so u need to refer to any of the above standard books...

bye

1>signal processing and linear system-b.p.lathi
2> discrete signal prcessing by openheim and schafer
#> dsp first
4> ifechare
5>proakis and manloakis

Hi,
use these books,
1) DSP by proakis and manloakis
2) discrete signal prcessing by openheim and schafer

thanks
sawaak

Dear was29e,
I will recommend to look for some free book available on the following forums.

https://www.edaboard.com/forums/95/

Also here you will find the solution manuals to the books mentioned by other people

Digital Signal Processing by Proakis and Manolakis
Discrete Time Signal Processing by Openheim

These two books are world wide recognized text books of DSP but definitly few other good books are also available on the above mentioned forums. But i will recommend you to get any of the two books and get the solution manual of these two books from forums and then solve the problems to know the roots of DSP

Regards

Digital signal processing by S.K.Mitra

The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing By Steven W. Smith

Descerte-Time Signal Processing By Oppenheim

I think DSP by proakis and manloakis is more comprehensive and more readable!

Hey guys i have used the book "Digital Signal Processing using MATLAB" by John G. Proakis... and it's very good

you should read the book:
Introduction to signal processinng_Prentice Hall

hiii
i would like to suggest u the books
proakis --standard book
SK mitra-- very good for filter design
u can also see dspguide.com
best luck its very important subject

Digital Signal Processing using VHDL is a good book for Hardware Engineers
It's available on EDA Board

Status
Not open for further replies.