Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what are the main adv. of going for high frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimsriraj

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai,
one thing i know is the ant size will become small as u go high frequency,
apart from this i want to know what are the other advantages--like interfernce capabilty or more data-----

more bandwidth = increase datarate

Also higher penetration capability, But the main disadvantage is the highly increase in loss.

bimsriraj said:
hai,
one thing i know is the ant size will become small as u go high frequency,
apart from this i want to know what are the other advantages--like interfernce capabilty or more data-----

As far as you question goes, we have more free bandwidth available at higher frequencies.

For example, frequency band from 800 MHz to @ 2200 MHz is used for so many different services that the noise floor is very large and therefore 4G wireless communication systems are supposed to operation in between the band 4 GHz to 12 GHz, since the spectrum is available, with large bandwidth. Also noise floor is lower as this band is either used by RADARs or Satellite comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back