Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what are the basics of FR4 copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
am currently working in Antenna Design need some basis about FR4 copper please help me what are the things about this to be known to design an antenna

I think nesan isn't referring to the copper cladding, but to the FR4 substrate properties. In this case I don't think FR4 is a good choice to be used in an antenna design, specially at high frequency. There are at least two resons:

1. The dielectric constant can vary from batch to batch, so the repeatability could by poor. In general the standard FR dielectric constant is in the range from 4.0 to 4.7
2. The losses are quite high.

However, almost all manufacturers offer FR4 like materials that are little bit expensive but that have improved repeatability and high frequency performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back