Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the additional cells will be seen in low power nodes like 7nm and below compared with 28nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girija_123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Will you please let me know What are the additional cells will be seen in low power nodes like 7nm and below compared with 28nm?

Very vague question. The composition of a standard cell library has some relationship with the node, but it is not that strong. All the basic logic cells will be there, FFs, INVs, NANDs, NORs, etc. There are some physical only cells that might be new due to padding reasons/doping restrictions. But then again, who knows what you are asking.

Very vague question. The composition of a standard cell library has some relationship with the node, but it is not that strong. All the basic logic cells will be there, FFs, INVs, NANDs, NORs, etc. There are some physical only cells that might be new due to padding reasons/doping restrictions. But then again, who knows what you are asking.
This was my interview question today sam, I was wondering about the question too, trying to get some answers from EDA community :)

With time, we have seen welltap cells, endcap cells, and padding cells being introduced. But all of those already existed in 28nm. In some cases you need special alignment cells (in TSMC lingo, they are called fiducials). But they are not part of the std cell library. They are something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back