Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are input and output impedances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I/O Imepdance

Hi

The input impedance for a CE amplifier, is looking into the base of the amplifier, when you have the transistor modelled as a small signal amplifier. These models can be found in most basic electronics textbooks. Common emitter (CE) in the most basic difenition, means that the input(base) and output(collector) has the emitter as the common reference point(ground). You can find the input impedence of the CE amplifier by applying a test voltage at the base and find the input current at the base, then you express the ratio of these two. This give you the input impedance.
If you use the most simple small-signal model of a BJT, then then you can find that the input impedance is given by: Zin=(β+1)*Re, where Re is the total resistance in the emitter.

The output impedance is the impedance seen looking into the collector, again using the most basic small-signal model gives you
Zout=Rc, where this is the collector resistance.

Hope this help.

Regards

Re: I/O Imepdance

i/p impedence is impedence,we get by looking into base as it is bjt.
o/p impedence is impedence,we get by looking into collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back