Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are a high speed interface and PHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC_int

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. What is high speed interface? What does it mean? How demanding is the experience in working in high speed interface in VLSI industries?What are the companies who are pioneer in this?

2. What is PHY? How demanding is the experience in working in PHY in VLSI industries?
What are the companies who are pioneer in this?

I guess PHY means converting mac interface to physical interface (actual signals on the wire)
You should look Marvell and Broadcomm, they make PHYs

tariq786

But how demanding if working in PHY?

i guess there must be a logical layer of PHY which, i suppose should be either the MAC or a separate entity in itself. Both of these will fall under digital domain and a mixed signal domain which comes out of either of these components which converts the digital signals to analog. So, should depend on what you are working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back