Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weird electricity inside the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiQ

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
static?

Hi to all! My question is off topic but i don't really know many smart people so I'll post it here. Yesterday somebody told me about a strange phenomenon. Some people were complaining about some weird electricity inside their house. When he went over to investigate he confirmed the story. The shock was espesially strong when he filled a bucket of water (placed on the table) & dipped his hand in it. They told him that when the house was built they embeded wire fence inside the walls for extra support. Could that be causing the shocks or could there also be (as I suspect) metal ore or a large treasure underneath the house?

Re: static?

Strange, but it sounds like a myth to me. The wire fence embedded in the walls would make a nice Faraday screen, so one would expect it to actually shield the interior from external fields.
So, it may just be static electricity generated inside the room through friction of sybthetic materials, especially in dry air.

Re: static?

only there's no spark like you would expect from static buildup. Just a constant electric shock like when you touch a car battery with wet hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back