Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

watchdog timer on pic12f629

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahram642005

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i have a pic12f629 and i wanna run its watchdog timer. i also need to go to the sleep mode to save power but dont want that the WDT reset and wake the MCU up. i read the pic12f629 datasheet but couldnt underestand how too disable WDT when in sleep. can anybody please help me?
by the way, in the datasheet, it says that the sleep instruction clear the wdt but it keeps running after that!
thank you in advance

Hi,

The WatchDog can only be Enabled or Disabled at programming time by means of the Config Statements.

When used with the Sleep instruction it only wakes the pic, it does not Reset it.
You can then test any port etc and if not active put it back to sleep, all done in a couple of instructions so little power used.

Using the prescaler - if available, you can increase the watchdogs time.

See these tutorial for examples
page 15
https://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=3237

Status
Not open for further replies.