Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Warnning of short-circuited terminals in VIRTUOSO - LVS error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

in my layout, I have flattened a single transistor and changed its connections in order to make two transistors from aforementioned transistor. here is the image of this section:

Screenshot (214).png

but in LVS window, I receive error related to short-circuited terminals. here this is:

Screenshot (212).png

Screenshot (213).png

I do want those terminals in image be connected. after analyzing my circuit, I understood that because of flattening mentioned transistor, the order of some source and drain terminals has changed, and also, they have a particular terminal name which are not allowed to be connected to other terminals. because of mentioned reason, three of my PIN in the LVS cannot be matched to schematic. how can I overcome this problem (I hope I am not supposed to change the terminal name of each path one-by-one.)

Not supereasy to see from your pictures, but isn't it due to the D label being still there after flattening. (How did you do the flattening, and why?). Can you search for the D labels, and remove them?

If you have a clean extracted view then use probes to find the short (whether by name or by metal). You might also inspect for things like rogue contact / via / plain metal bits that have landed where they cause a short in fact. Zoom in to where you can see any bridging of stripe gaps and wander around with those probes lit up, and look for anything that is not all ortho and uniform width.

You could make selectable only the metalX/pin layers (if you used ploygon pins) and find any strays easily with ctrl-A (select all).

If you are convinced that the layout is clean, maybe removing all pins and hand placing the ones you really want, where you really want them, is the quickest and cleanest way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back