Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wanna ask about machine counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilop

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello , i plan to build a simple man machine counter using microcontroller, if someone who passes that machine, counter increases to one and soon, any idea how i must do first? or any related website?

Hi,
first of all, you should build (or buy) a sensor that has output change when someone pass it. A simple one is an Infrared Sensor with a transmiter and a receiver. The output can be connected to a MCU input directly. You can use a external input of timer to count events.
Best regards,
Kieennx.

thank you for your advice, but i am confused how to build it ^^ i don't have any knowledge about sensor, i would be thankful if you have the schematic or website that has the schemactic about your idea

Salam!
The simplest sensor to use is the LDR(Light Dependent Resistor). Its resistance changes drastically with light variations(1K - 100K). Make a simple voltage divider to sense this change of resistance.
If you still can't do it then ask me.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.