Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage level shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanth1986

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
level shifter tutorial

Can someone gimme a link to read about voltage level shifters using CMOS or suggest a book to read? Or can someone give example circuits?

check out tutorial for max232,i think it may work

the simplest level shifter is the CMOS inverter ;)
For more advanced solutions you can check every book about I/O design

Source Followers are the simplest (I think) level shifters. It simply shifts your input by Vgs.

Source Follower can be found in any Analog IC books.

Inverter can be a level shifter if you are going from High voltage domain to low voltage domain. But will not work for low to high accurately even with skewing. For low to high level converter refer Weste Harris: CMOS VLSI design

Actually if you are looking for a DC level shifter for offset setting you can use a clamp circuit using a diode and capacitor either to shift the signal offset downwards or upwards, i think you don't need a CMOS circuit for this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.