Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VNC1L USB host drive with AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

meysam_abbasinia

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
avr usb host

hello dear all,

I want to work with Falsh memory and digital camera, I need to usb host that I like work with VNC1L, I visite it's web site and download informations,
I want to write and read in FAT on falsh disk we read in datasheet that this chip support FAT, but I need help for handel this chip with AVR, and program this chip and work with it.

who work with this chip please help me for start!

thanks alot.

vnc1l avr

you need the tools that can program the chip and you an find the lines for communication on the AVR's datasheet. The AVR tool will come with the programmer softwre required for you to place you hex file to burn into the chip's flash. That's it.

usb host avr

I want write and read in flash disk and I need commands for VNC1L I don't find commands in datasheet of VNC1L, I want to work with USB host, and send commands but I don't know how?:cry:

anybody work with this chip??

regards.

avr vnc1l

yes , This code is for PIC microcontrollers that's not bad help me,but I like see more sample and complete sample.

frimware of this chip is too complicate :cry: and not user friendly ...

vnc1l camera

hi, I worked hard and read frimware , I can handel this chip but I want to see mor sample in AVR , any body replay meeeee!!!!:cry:

give me more sample please.

avr drive 2

Just in case someone comes across this post like I did:

The commands for the VNC1L are part of the firmware documentation and aren't in the chip's datasheet. The firmware user guides can be downloaded here: http://www.vinculum.com/documents/fwspecs/

Dear Meysam

Could you let me know finally did you run vncl1l? do you have the IC or you have also the evaluation board?
how much is it? could you program the firmware on vnc1l?

Thank you very much.

it's an old post, anyway, FTDI provides complete working solutions, not only development board (like a VDIP1 against a VDRIVE!)
it's cost is variable, you can search at mouser.com, the chip alone does not have a firmware programmed, so you need to program it by USART.

personally I got one from Ukrania (with ebay) a VMUSIC1 for about 50$us (including shipping) it was already with the last firmware version...
you can upgrade the firmware and also customize a little the firmware, but sadly you can't make your own firmwares...

as it said on the vinculum web page, they are developing a new VNC2 which could be programmable (as they have the compiler for that new chip.) maybe wait a little more (to get more info and examples!)

many thanks.

But I want to connet the micro to nokia usb cellphone port? is it possible or you can give me some hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back