Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vivaldi antenna HFSS Design Tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enrobria

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can i have HFSS step by step Design tutorial for Vivaldi antenna? Like the one present for patch antennas etc.

its hard to find Viavaldi antenna tutorial , also usually in paper didn't give full data about this antenna dimension

I am having a really hard time in designing the exponential curve of vivaldi antenna in HFSS and my HFSS skills are also very basic. So no idea what to do :(

in edaboard search vivaldi i seen a text about curve of vivaldi i hope it helpful for you

Can i have HFSS step by step Design tutorial for Vivaldi antenna? Like the one present for patch antennas etc.

Does the HFSS antenna design kit have the facility to design such an antenna? I don't know, but it is possible it does.

dave

antenna design kit can design viavaldi antenna with low frequency and limited bandwidth

You can write those equations of exponential curve in matlab to evaluate those points . later use polyline in hfss and enter the end point values in polyline to get your curve

Here is a Matlab to HFSS program. If you get it to work let us know.
**broken link removed**

I am having a really hard time in designing the exponential curve of vivaldi antenna in HFSS and my HFSS skills are also very basic. So no idea what to do :(

did u design it finally?? i am having same problem with the taper curve? how do u design the curve in HFSS?
if u make the curve using "equation based curve" you cant not change it co-ordinates and even if u try to thicken sheet its will directly become "non assigned model". how do u cut the surface from patch? please help needed badly!

Last edited:

Take a look at the file included in the thread: [ https://www.edaboard.com/threads/283776/ ] . It is parameterized. So you should be able to change a number of factors in the design.

It was generated using the HFSS Antenna Design Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back