Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtual Studio ArduinoIDE 1.9 and STM32F103C Compiler problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wogoos

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear reader I work with MS VS to program ATmega ESP and STM32103C micro controllers. I work with the Arduino IDE 1.9. extension and have installed the standard STM32F environment.

My problem relates to the STM32103C. Compiling and uploading works fine for software without Include files or the standard builtin libraries lib files. I have seen however that as soon as I use more complex libraries as the U8GLIB which call for other libraries to control a HS1103 OLED the compiler/Linker generate a list of errors as indicated below, the list is longer. MS-VS complains that it can't open files like "inttypes.h" or stdlib.h ........ . I checked for the existence of these files and they do not exists in the STM32 environment some do exist but have similar but new names compared with the ATMega libraries. I have added a search path link for the builtin libraries to the "VC++ Directory" part of the project properties but without success.

An other library related problem is library files with equal names for different platforms for example the Wire library for ATmega has the same name as for the STM32. Ones the compiler is looking for the library it takes the one who shows up first in its search path. What is a good solution how to manage library files with equal names for different platforms. Where exactly can I manages the search paths.

Below a screen shot of the error list or MS-VS
Files that can't be located:
Wire_slave.h
inttypes.h
stdlib.h
ctype.h
stdio.h
math.h
string.h
stddef.h

Does any one recognize my problem and know what I can do about it. Thanks Oscar

Errors.jpg