Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Virtex II Pro doesn't work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSAKARIM

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using Virtex II pro (XC2VP30 and the package is FFG968). I knew that it worked with Xilinx ISE10.1, but I found only the package FF986 (without letter G). The kit is recognised by the ISE10.1 and I burnt simple designs such as AND, OR operations.
I found that AND gives the operation as it is OR and vice versa.
What are the reasons? is it the package? or the input switches and LEDs of the kit are inverted?

Hi,

you may show us your code, the test setup and schematic.

Klaus

Hi,

you may show us your code, the test setup and schematic.

Klaus
It is just
C <= A AND B;
or
C<= A OR B;
it gives the correct schematics for AND, OR.

That's not code, that's two statements assigning different values to the same signal.

I found that AND gives the operation as it is OR and vice versa.

I'm trying to decipher the issue, but still unsuccessful; anyway, review the boolean logic fundamentals, especially the De Morgan theorem and you will realize the interchangeability between AND and OR logic.

That's not code, that's two statements assigning different values to the same signal.
I mean that I tried this
Code:
C <= A AND B;
and I burnt it, when testing the code using switches and leds, it acts as OR function.

then I tried this (as a separate code)
Code:
C <= A OR B;
And also burnt it, when testing the code using switches and leds, it acts as AND function.

Is selecting a package (FF896) that is not written in the chip (but only available in ISE10.1) a reason for that?
--- Updated ---

I'm trying to decipher the issue, but still unsuccessful; anyway, review the boolean logic fundamentals, especially the De Morgan theorem and you will realize the interchangeability between AND and OR logic.
I know the relationship between OR and AND gates using Demorgan rules.
but my query now is :
when I tried this
Code:
Code:
C <= A AND B;
and I burnt it, when testing the code using switches and leds, it acts as OR function.

then I tried this (as a separate code)
Code:
Code:
C <= A OR B;
And also burnt it, when testing the code using switches and leds, it acts as AND function.

Is selecting a package (FF896) that is not written in the chip (but only available in ISE10.1) a reason for that?

Still providing few information.

Acting under what circumstances, in the whole set of possible inputs ?
Lighting the LED throught the Anode or Cathode?

Hi,

Is there a reason why you don´t show code, schematic and test setup?
It´s just causing delay, guessing, wrong assumpitions ... not helpful for you at all.

Klaus

Still providing few information.

Acting under what circumstances, in the whole set of possible inputs ?
Lighting the LED throught the Anode or Cathode?
For the first Q, Yes.
Actually, I don't know if LED throught the Anode or Cathode. It is a possibility that switches and leds have active low drivers?

For the first Q, Yes.
Actually, I don't know if LED throught the Anode or Cathode. It is a possibility that switches and leds have active low drivers?
Why are you asking US about the drivers? On the board you refuse to show us the schematic of?

I think you are on a good way. Realize that you should read the board schematic before making absurd assumptions about non-working FPGA.

Switches on demonstration boards have often active low function.

MSAKARIM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back