Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Viewing Lattice ECP5 memory contents in Aldec-HDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodecahedron

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I am using an ECP5 Lattice FPGA with Diamond software and Aldec-HDL as a simulator. All standard free licenses. I have instantiated an EBR (RAM) block and want to see its contents during simulation, to ensure I am writing everything correctly. I remember doing this in Xilinx ISE's simulator (don't remember its name). Is this possible in Aldec-HDL?

I've found the memory viewer tab, but it takes as an input a name of a signal. I can not find a signal that would correspond to the contents on the memory in any of the files, even the generated VHDL EBR file. I can not just drag and drop the EBR instance into the viewer.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance!

Typically (at least Xilinx/Intel/Microchip...) the memory array used is in a library model for the RAM, the generated memory instantiated would have the library model instantiated in that generated file.

If they have the library model encrypted then you won't be able to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back