Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VIAFC problem clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys !

I'm new on this forum. I found it doing research on Internet. I am working now for a few time with ADS and I am currently facing a quite strange problem.

I have a 4-layer PCB and vias through all the planes. The thing is that for example if I want to have a connection using a via between let's say the TopLayer and the Middle-Bottom layer normally using VIAFC I should normally have a clearance on the Middle-TOP layer because there is no connection there.

But the problem is that it does the complete opposite ! It puts a clearance on the layers that it is supposed to be connected and no clearance on the layer it is not supposed to be connected :-(

I have been struggling for this problem for hours and I can't find any solutions to it. I just don't understand why it does this error .... Could someone help me please ? :-(

On the image below, the green plane is the supply plane and the red one is the analog ground, as you can see the VIAFC goes from the top layer to the analog ground but the clearance is not on the green plane(supply plane) but on the red one(analog Ground) :-?

pn8wdlzRp

Thank you all and I wish a nice morning/evening :)
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.