Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

via size for 50 ohm impedence

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_pcb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
50 ohm via

Dear all ,

I need via size for 50ohm impedence trace , can any one help me .
What via size i shud use for it and what is the formula for it .

Thanks in advance

50 ohm via calculator

There is no special via size for 50ohm traces. A via represents such a small part of the overall track impedance that the via can be ignored except for extremely high frequency signals. In those cases, the inductive and capacitive reactance of the via can be calculated, and controlled by placing/moving adjacent vias and structures. The inductance and capacitance of the via will be affected by the size of the anti-pads on planes, the length of the via, the diameter of the finished hole, the diameter of the via annulus, the dielectric constant of the board, and the distance to the return path for the signal which passes through the via.

If you want a simple free calculator that approximates the via reactances and impedance, you can download a copy from **broken link removed** .

If you want to see an example of what it takes to make a controlled impedance via, I suggest you look at: **broken link removed**

via size trace

Hii Dear ,

Thanks for ur reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back