Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very basic question: What is .dll file in matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks1267

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am new here. I want to start learning Matlab.

I want to know what is .dll file? i got a folder of matlab program and I am going to run it however I cannot open .dll file. Please let me know. Thank you.

Hi,

.dll is not specific to MATLAB. A .dll file "Dynamic Link Library" contains a library of functions and other information that can be accessed by a Windows program. When a program is launched links to the necessary .dll files are created. If a static link is created the .dll files will be in use as long as the program is active. If a dynamic link is created the .dll files will only be used when needed. Dynamic links help programs use resources, such as memory and hard drive space, more efficiently. DLL files can also be used by more than one program. In fact, they can even be used by multiple programs at the same time. Some DLLs come with the Windows operating system while others are added when new programs are installed. You typically don't want to open a .dll file directly, since the program that uses it will automatically load it if needed. Though DLL filenames usally end in ".dll," they can also end in .exe, .drv, and .fon.

Hi,
And you can have look into the various functions in a .dll file using ' Quick View Plus ' software.

Regards,
Laktronics

just note :

you can never open a dll file manually , since you will never find a program to open it .

maybe you can write a .dll file by yourself .

GL
Craftor

just note :

you can never open a dll file manually , since you will never find a program to open it .

I am curious about this as I regularly open .dll files
with Visual C++ IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back