Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Version control for Altium - Where to get the svn.exe file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcbintel

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the Altium Tutorial for version control, it says to point to the file named svn.exe
Where do I get this file from? I searched my whole drive but couldn't find it.

SVN has to be downloaded and then linked to your software.. it does not come with altium or any software... they give the provision to use SVN for version configuration management

I've downloaded TortoiseSVN-1.6.15.21042
after installing I have these
TortoiseBlame.exe
TortoiseIDiff.exe
TortoiseMerge.exe
TortoisePlink.exe
TortoiseProc.exe
TortoiseProc.exe
TortoiseProc.exe
TortoiseUDiff.exe
TSVNCache.exe

Which one do I use for Altium?

what is your requirement.. what do you wish to do by integrating SVN to altium... how many people work on same file...

did you work on CVS before????

No haven't worked on CVS.
Am following the tutorial and was asked to point to where svn.exe lived. can't find this file only those listed in the ones I've listed before.

you should have 2 or more systems which are connected to network where 1 system will work as server and to this system all the other users will check in their files.. when same file is modified and used by many users then this concept is very useful, which will create version number of all the check in and keep a data base of every user checkin and check out... but why you need it. it is something that tutorials will not help in setting up and configuring.. some expert has to do this 1st time job of setting it up. and train you how to use it as client...........

why you want to use it??????

exploring the possibility of using it as an archive too.

Tortoise is a GUI for Subversion SVN - you also need to download one of the binary builds for SVN. There are quite a few choices on Tigris - I cannot remember the names but I think the one I use is Silk.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back