Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCO Simulation (control voltage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizalism

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I have a problem on VCO simulation. I tried to do dc sweep for my control voltage of VCO, but how to get output frequency to the respect of control voltage (dc sweep). There is any hspice code need to add.

Thanks in advance.

Hi faizalism
With DC sweep you wont get any result,
I advize you to perform a transient simulation
As input signal choose a pulse with adequate VMIN, VMAX, RISE TIME etc.
you must perform a slow simulation to be able to evaluate the output frequency vs input signal

Hi,

Which tool are you using?

If you are using Spectre-RF then choose PSS analysis and in the menu there is an option for DC sweep.

Prakash.

FYI, I am using mentor graphic for simulation. Maybe I need to using transient simulation, check one by one frequency to the respect of control voltage of VCO. But it is tedious work.

Anyway thanks.

Hi,

My way is adding a PWL signal on control voltage. After transient simulation, output of VCO can be got.
I use CSCOPE to dispaly my simulation results. CSCOPE has the function of dispaly the signal frequency.

hi
you can run .tran and sweep the control voltage.
And then use .meas to calculate the frequencies.
finally show the result within awaves with setting x-ray the "control voltage"

Status
Not open for further replies.