Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCO of ranges from 925-960 and 1805-1880MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bt87

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make two oVCO's ranges from 925-960 MHZ and 1805-1880 MHZ!! which oscillator you suggest me???
Colpitts,Clapp,Hartley or any other you suggest!
and why you suggest this???
please tell me i need your help?!:|
and plz provide formula of oscillator u sugest..
thanks all.

It all comes down to the loaded Q of the resonator. With this narrow frequency range, you could consider using a coaxial resonator (Trans-Tech has a wide range), and couple the tuning varactor very lightly. You can find many examples on the web using Collpits topology.

One idea which might work: you could consider using a single VCO @ 1.8 GHz and use a divider (called prescaler at those frequencies) to generate the tunable 900 MHz. Saves you an additional varactor and synthesizer!

From provided frequency range seems that you are looking for a VCO, part of a direct up-conversion transmitter for GSM900 and DCS1800. If is a direct up-conversion, you need a VCO with a low wide-band noise, to don’t use very special TX filters.
Whatever topology you use, the quality factor of the resonant circuit is important, this including: Q of the resonator, series resistance of capacitors, series resistance of the tuning diode, the loss of printed circuit board, etc. Generally Colpitts is the most used for this kind of application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back