Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VC dimension for ternary classification problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebesgue

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am presently studying neural networks. I have a doubt regarding VC dimension concept. In case of the lecture which I heard, the dichotomy functions for "binary"pattern classification was done by a a class of dichotomies which perfectly shatters the m-dimensional space which contains the r training pattern vectors in which each vector is 2 dimensional in nature(2 dimensional inputs for the neuron). SUPPOSE for the same 2 input neuron, we are looking for a ternary pattern classification. Then what happens to the dichotomy functions? How we do pattern classification( the problematic area is how we shatter the space for a ternary pattern classification)? Will any new adjustable parameters be included? Please help me.. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back