Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

uwb bandwidth performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadamkhan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,i designed a uwb antenna which has operating range from 3.4 to 14 GHz (vswr <2 from 3.4 to 14 ghz) ,but i need the operating range from 1 to 13 GHz,i tried but could,nt get operating range from 1-13 GHz,i upload my hfss simulation,i will be really thankful if anybody help me,i am using this antenna in my final year prjct.
need ur help
regrds
sadamkhan

Attachments

• project uwb.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 78

your file is not attached,attach it again

regards
elchiquito

here my modl, if u set the lower limit of operating range frm 1 Ghz and upper limit either 13 or 14 GHz,then it will gr8 pleasure fr me

Attachments

• project uwb.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 71

your file is not attached,attach it again

regards
elchiquito

this antenna i am using in my final year prjct i need operating range frm 1-abov 12 GHz but results (return loss ) is frm 3.4 GHz,ur hlp can release me frm gr8 tension

Don't understand one thing,all you need to do is just change the frequency range in the analysis setup from 1 to 13 GHz. I don't see what's so difficult about this.

If you had done the design all by yourself, you would have at least have the basic understanding of changing this small parameter.

Anyway,i'm helping you to do this now...

I won't send u the UWB file because i think this is something of a small issue.
I have attached 2 images , where you need to change the settings.
Please refer to image below, just change into this and you are done.
Sweep Setting.jpg

This is one of the example, that i compiled from your results and it shows simulation from 0 to 13GHz.
Example1.jpg

the size of your is lower than your idea , so u increase size of antenna to achieve less frequency

I won't send u the UWB file because i think this is something of a small issue.
I have attached 2 images , where you need to change the settings.
Please refer to image below, just change into this and you are done.
View attachment 69265

This is one of the example, that i compiled from your results and it shows simulation from 0 to 13GHz.
View attachment 69264

u didnt get my point ,as u see in the image that u upload the return loss is less than -10 dB from 3.4 GHz to 13 GHz, but i need it should be less than -10 dB from 1 to 13 Ghz

i have looked into your file, the actual way to lower the frequency level is to increase the size of the patch, but the corners that have been cut into the patch are cut in a complex manner,which will make it even difficult to reiterate the design in few steps. unfortunately i wont be able to redo it for you.

but try changing the size of the patch and then cur your corners likewise and then simulate the structure

Regards
Elchiquito

the size of your is lower than your idea , so u increase size of antenna to achieve less frequency

i want to achieve operating range from 1-13 Ghz,i tried but lower operating range instead from 1 ghz it is from 3.4 GHz,help me ,i wil be ur gr8 kindness

i said u should increase the size of antenna

i increase the size but the results are even bad than previous

increasing the size is not straightforward. you have to find the lowest mode of propagation and then set the size accordingly.which is the resonance mode of the lowest frequency you are expecting.

Hope you find some help.

Regards
Elchiquito

so can u explain your idea and show us how u able do that???????

hi
see this paper u will understand your size very small than your request
STUDY OF AN EXTREMELY WIDEBAND MONOPOLE
ANTENNA WITH TRIPLE BAND-NOTCHED CHARACTERISTICS
PIER 2012

thnkx vry mch for help, if u have any related simulated antenna(fr-4 sub) whose operating range start from 0.5 ghz to above 5 ghz ,share it

hi elchiquito..
for this antenna u said that one has to find lowest mode of propagation. Does that mean that the antenna should be designed according to the operating frequency which should be kept 3 ghz in this case?? because the band achieved is from 3.4 to 13 ghz..do we have to put the frequency of 3 ghz in formula to calculate the length and width of the patch??and then cut the patches in the same proportion??
thank you..:

i checked your simulation but they have many problem in design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back