Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using wire component to connect nets in Altium Designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fala

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,Sometimes in PCB I need very high current tracks . In the schematic level it is not obvious where I have not enough space to use wide tracks and I have to use wires instead and where I don't need wire because I can use wide tracks. so In PCB where I need to, I add a component (which I created to represent a wire) to PCB. this component is a wire and it is short circuit but even when I assign same net to both ends of the component I have no way to tell altium designer that this component is actually a wire and so there is no need for altium designer to connect those nodes that are connected via this component. In properties of the component I can specify the type. As I read documentations and as I understood it if I assign component type as "Net Tie" rather than standard then it should tell AD that this component actually connects to different parts of a net but In practice even when I assign component type as "Net Tie", again AD tries to connect the nodes that are already connected via this component. Dose anybody know any solution to my problem?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back