Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using only a few channels of 4017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,

Regarding your first question:
Please go to 4017 datasheet and find the rest pin for the IC. Connect the fourth channel to the reset pin so that when the fourth channel becomes active, it resets the count and the first channel becomes active.

Second question: Please elaborate. Give the exact sequence you need. Logical ORing of two channels will help??

Regards
matbob

Hello. Thank you for your attention. I would like to work four outputs at a time. 0,2,4,6 and 1,3,5,7 and repeat the process.

Thank you!!

For the CD4017 I think it's not possible to get that sequence unless you are using separate decoder and counter circuits.

Thank you miarter_rf. Do you know what kind of sequence its do? I use just a led chaser sequence...

One idea to use some diodes to obtain a 9 LED chaser circuit. :-D
Sequences for this combination:
1. LED1, LED4, LED7 = ON
2. LED2, LED5, LED8 = ON
3. LED3, LED6, LED9 = ON
and so on

Attachments

• Test LED.JPG
    Test LED.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 93

Thank you so much! A really appreciate!

Status