Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use of zigbee as a substitute of LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh17g

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m working in a Lab in which all comps r connected thru LAN cables. Now, maintaining these cables is becomming a problem. Also, some people r using laptops and they r not getting LAN cables to connect to laptops since we have a limited set of them.
So, is it possible to interconnect all the PCs using a Zigbee? These modules are avilable around 2500 Rs like-http://www.nex-robotics.com/products/wireless-devices/zigbee-long-range-wireless-serial-communication-module.html

Zigbee for LAN?.I haven't done any project with Zigbee but with the articles I read about Zigbee I understood it is used for small sensor networks.Can Zigbee handle such huge LAN data volume?. Why can't you do some googling on Wifi.

This is interesting idea. If bluetooth can be used for data transfer etc then why not zigbee??

This is interesting idea. If bluetooth can be used for data transfer etc then why not zigbee??

am working on zigbee based network design over 802.15.4. i doubt it can handle such high data rate.. zigbee data rate is max 250kbps and bluetooth is 1mbps. when you consider the overhead and channel contention ,the throughput wil b less.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

I m working in a Lab in which all comps r connected thru LAN cables. Now, maintaining these cables is becomming a problem. Also, some people r using laptops and they r not getting LAN cables to connect to laptops since we have a limited set of them.
So, is it possible to interconnect all the PCs using a Zigbee? These modules are avilable around 2500 Rs like-http://www.nex-robotics.com/products/wireless-devices/zigbee-long-range-wireless-serial-communication-module.html

am working on zigbee based network design over 802.15.4. i doubt it can handle such high data rate of ur LAN..i saw the product you have mentioned. its data rate is 115kbps max. so its difficult to connect PCs using zigbee module

u can't even think of replacing lan wid zigbee.
its just a simple protocol to transmit small bits

I am researching about Zigbee network,too .I use module Xbee, a product of Digi. They can transfer data at rate 250kbps. But I think Zigbee (IEEE 802.15.4) is used in wireless sensor network. Can we use ziggbee as a substitute of LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.