Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

use of CCP interrupt for TRIAC Firi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jean12

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,could you lease advise on the requirement,I would like to use the voltage comparator for detecting the zero cross detection and then use the CCP interrupt for controlling the bulb,the CCP interrupt is activated once the zero cross is detected,I would like also to add a potentiometer such that the firing angle could be adjusted ,please help

Hi,
why using comparator to detect zero crossing? Is it better than interrupt on input level change.
Meanwhile, using ccp to control the triac you have to know that it is not just to adjust pulse width.
Take Note, zero crossing detection, follow by firing the angle on. The time between zero crossing and Firing angle is what you adjusting.
It can occur immediately after zero crossing detection, up about 90degree of the wave which indicates maximum to minimum power output respectively.

Last edited:

I have used a NPN transistor based circuit but I now have a big problem with microcontroller the circuit is not working at all(The motor doesn`t turn) but when I use a dc source of 3.3V in place of MOC3020 output the motor turns on and rotate effectively,I am asking myself how I could turn the motor on and also by changing the delay time for firing angle find a good output I mean variable output voltage.

Please help.

Can I see your circuit? Tyr and use a simple method. Use an opto coupler circuit to detect the zero crossing and use interrupt on port change input. Use time delay to manage the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.