Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

||| Use analog TV tuner to receive DVB-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

elephant

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
receive dvb with analog tuner

I understand this is a stupid question, but is it possible to use an analog TV tuner (some cheap ones like Philips) + a demodulator IC to receive Digital TV signals such as DVB-T ? What are the major constrains?

Any comments are welcome.

I found the COFDM demodulator you need from philips.

**broken link removed**

I think this thing might work out! Sounds very interesting to me.

I dont think there is any diffrence among tuners.Signal inside them is always analog.But the way you demodulate to get the data may differ..
So U can use it.

But if it is possible, why those companies like Zarlink, Samsung didn't use analog tuner in their DVB-T design. Instead, they use ICs that specially designed for Digital TV tuner like TUA6034 or SL2610 to design the more expensive DVB-T tuner.
Is it because of the perfromance of analog tuner doesn't meet the DVB-T requirments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back